NCSVA REGIONAL RULES
• Two-person men’s and women’s tournaments
• Match play: best 2 out of 3 games to 21 points
• Depending on the number of teams and courts, regional matches may be completed in one day or over multiple days
• Teams are placed into pools, 4 or 5 teams per pool
• Each team plays one match against all other teams in their pool
• The two teams with the best records in pool advance to a single elimination tournament
The top teams are seeded into a single elimination tournament based on their records from pool play.
Any student who attended, currently attends or is enrolled to attend a college during the school year. Incoming freshman and recent grads are eligible to play.
>>> TEAM MEMBERS DO NOT HAVE TO ATTEND THE SAME SCHOOL <<<
Check “Tournament Details” section above.
Players earn points at Regionals. Regional tournaments must have a minimum of 8 teams per gender to qualify as point-earning. Points are weighted based on the size of the regional tournament and the number of participating schools. For example, tournaments consisting of players from multiple schools will be awarded more points than a tournament consisting of players from just one school.