Becoming a Collegiate Beach Volleyball Club
The NCSVA does not require participants to have a formal club program at their school in order to play in our Collegiate Club Series. We understand the benefits of formalizing this process as establishing a Club may afford you benefits such as financial assistance, court practice time, publicity and other support.
The two main steps to this process are gathering members and meeting the requirements that your school has to become a recognized sports club.
The NCSVA requires a minimum of 3 doubles teams consisting of 6 players to represent your school in any Club Series Event. If you have more teams that would like to participate, 6 doubles teams would be the next required number followed by 9 teams, etc. The NCSVA does not have a limit to the number of people listed on your Roster.
Here are some recommendations for gathering members:
- DISTRIBUTE FLYERS – the more eye-catching the better, so photos recommended.
- PUT UP POSTERS – in populated areas such as the gym/recreation areas, weight room, eating areas, campus kiosks, student union, Fraternity and Sororities and other Student Clubs and organizations
- CREATE A WEBSITE – Once your website is created, make sure to POST AN AD in the school paper and website and contact the sports editor directly. The editor is always looking for good content for articles
- SPREAD THE WORD – Let everyone know that you are starting a club and be sure to log the contact info for anyone who is interested.
- GOTO THE NCSVA.com website and register as a member, and email email@example.com expressing that you are looking for members to play for your school.
Your Club may also elect to have a coach or Team Captain. This person would be in-charge of communicating with all team members, collecting/paying event registration fees, and being the team representative at all NCSVA events. It would also be recommended that your Club give its Captain the authority to make all final decisions on your Club’s behalf.
School Sport Club Requirements:
As soon as possible, arrange a meeting with the governing bodies that sanction school clubs. This may be a Club Director, and could be found at the Student Activity/Rec Center, or through the Dean of Student Life.
In that meeting, you will get the information about what your institution requires to become an official beach volleyball club. There may be a waiting period, or a committee that approves the formation of clubs, so make sure to get this completed as soon as possible.
You are now on your way toward starting an official beach volleyball club at your school. Please visit the National Collegiate Sand Volleyball Association website if you need additional information, www.NCSVA.com.
Again, you and your teammates are not required to become an official club to participate in the NCSVA Collegiate Club series. The only requirement is a minimum of 3 teams (6 players per school). Once your players are gathered, each individual must become an NCSVA Club Member on the NCSVA website, listed above. Your team(s) can then play in any of the NCSVA Club Series Events. Each event does have a separate registration fee. This information, along with event dates, fees, points/seeding and more can be found under the Club Series Dates tab.
Benefits enjoyed by NCSVA members;
*Discounts for NCSVA Collegiate Club Series Events, including post-season Championships
*Discounts for Participating Sponsor Merchandise
*Information on NCSVA Club Series Tournaments around the nation
*Results tracking and postings on the NCSVA website
Thank you for your interest and have a fantastic NCSVA Fall Season!